Those Traveling Coles

Those Traveling Coles
Visiting the coliseum in Verona (The Linguist is taking the photo)

Monday, October 8, 2012

Houses #4 and #5

General consensus is that we liked these two places less, but I figured we ought to share all of the options anyway. These places are side by side, about 15 minutes outside of town. The drive out was beautiful with tall trees on either side of the road. The first place is HUGE -- 5 or 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 living spaces, bonus office room, gigantic closet, eat-in-kitchen and dining room. It serves as a bed and breakfast currently. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely and we could probably move in by the end of the week, but compared to the ones we saw this morning, it just seemed really clean (not a bad thing!) and lacking something. AND it was really expensive...even more than #3. The second place is a duplex with 4 rooms, one living/dining space and 2 bathrooms, I think. 

They're both owned by an older woman and I wish I could've understood more of what she was saying. She was extremely animated and just seemed like a fun person to know. I probably liked her more because she kept saying how young I looked to have 5 children. She actually thought that I was one of the children?! In Europe it's not uncommon to have your first child at 35...so I guess I am young to have 5 children already!

Both have nice yards and the advantage of American neighbors with boys the ages of The Net, Deep Thinker and Rosa.


The next few are bedrooms in House #4



Extra office space upstairs


Dining room with the cabinets I'd rather have in the kitchen.



Formal dining that we'd probably use as an extension of the little bitty living room!

Entryway

Cool patios out the front and back doors.

Fun little niche under the stairs.

This is an older building she's thinking of renovating. I love this!

Huge backyard...the front yard is nice, too, but it's really close to what seems to be a busy road.

The back of the property.

Another old building in need of renovation.
The backyard of #5

Bedroom in House #5...they all looked like this, complete with fancy skylight that has a remote control to open and shut the blinds on it!

This was the best part about this house...love the tub and huge bathroom!








Piece of the livingroom/dining room. Honestly, it'd be really tight for our family.




This one did have a pantry (long, skinny closet) and a hideout under the stairs with a little door and a light...oh, and a central vacuum.

The kitchen that hasn't been built yet. You can either "rent" one for about 100 euro/month or you can buy your own for about 2,000 euro. Apparently, that's what all that stuff at Ikea is for!

2 comments:

  1. more fun choices! Although...the kitchen in #4 scares me a little...I think that would be a deal breaker for me and I cook about half as much as you! haha On the other hand if there's anyone who could make it work it would probably be you ~ you're amazing at making spaces work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look nice, and clean. I don't know how I would make up my mind. Good thing I don't have to :).

    ReplyDelete